Friday, July 17, 2015

Warplane Commemorative Weekend

This weekend the Great Falls International Airport is hosting a Warplane Commemorative Weekend.  During the weekend, several World War II aircraft are in town to commemorate the use of the airport during World War II to ferry aircraft to the Russian front.  

This evening I took a trip up to the airport to take a look at the aircraft and, of course, I had my camera with me.  Here is a picture of a Bell P-63 Kingcobra aircraft sitting in front of a World War II era hangar at the airport.  I found it fitting to do in black and white. - Todd



2 comments:

  1. Very cool - read about this coming to Great Falls in the news previously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so interesting that most of these planes were originally flown into GF by the WASP! Learn something new everyday! : ) http://www.krtv.com/story/29576651/warplane-commemorative-weekend-is-underway-in-great-falls

    ReplyDelete